Monday, March 23, 2020

News Anchor #1

I took the day off work and went to Mel’s film stage in Montreal on October 2, 2017, to shoot my small part as a news anchor in “X Men: Dark Phoenix”.  I went to costume and make-up and then sat in my half-trailer to wait for my scene to be shot. The sign on the door read, "News Anchor #1".


My half trailer
Selfie in costume waiting to go on set
I shot the scene and, knowing there was a chance my part might not make it in the film, I didn't think about it again until, many months later, Steve, a colleague at work, mentioned he had seen me in the movie. I was delighted to hear the filmmakers had managed to salvage something!

My family gave me a DVD of "X Men: Dark Phoenix" for Christmas. You bet I was shocked that I didn't make the cover of the DVD! For weeks, Susan had been pushing me to watch it, so, on Saturday, we finally did. I appear as a news anchor in two small scenes.





All in all, the experience was pretty interesting. I continue to wait for my close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment