Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Doer and the Gaper

Slowly, I’m learning it does not pay to doubt her. 

I use the home printer for several things. I use it to print scripts, contracts, stories and more. After changing the ink cartridge this week, I noticed it was printing one line and not the next. I went online in search of the source and extent of the problem. Apparently, one possible reason for the problem was clogged nozzles. Not knowing how to unclog a printer nozzle, I decided the only logical solution would be to purchase a new printer.

Clogged nozzle anyone?
I mentioned the issue to my wife, who suggested spraying it with air. Right. I scoffed. I wondered what part of the printer would we spray with air? I have no idea where printer nozzles are located! Not to worry, insisted Susan. I learned she is her office solver when it comes to untold printer hassles. She described pulling out drawers, adjusting dials, extracting crumpled paper, unplugging and plugging, air spraying and a host of other haphazard trial and error techniques she tries while others in her office stand and gape. 

I am definitely a gaper. When the office printer has issues, I much prefer waiting it out. Someone else will rectify the problem and my printing job will eventually emerge. 

I opened the front compartment of the home printer. Susan blasted away with the air spray. Quite skeptically, I closed the printer and printed a document. There it was. Perfect printing. Issue resolved. Why I bother to doubt her, I do not know. 

She steadfastly continues to get the job done, while I steadfastly continue to blow hot air.

No comments:

Post a Comment