Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trailblazing Weather

Until Thursday, we hadn't any snow to speak of this winter.

Thursday morning, it began with a few very light flurries. By the time the day was over, we had received 16 centimetres, with another 10 centimetres to come Friday. Walking to the train station after the newscast Friday night, I snapped this picture at the corner of Rene-Levesque Boulevard and Mansfield Street.


Normally, Susan designs and excavates the Westie Trail that winds through our backyard on a typical winter day. This winter, I boldly initiated the project and sent the dogs for a romp yesterday and today. Here's one of the wild westies.

Here's the other wild westie.


Westie Trail chief engineer Susan looked out at the trail today and, quite snootily, demanded to know why I hadn't bothered to make the furthest point of the trail circle back toward the house.

This is the woman who, after urging me to park in any available space at the mall, constantly points out all the available spaces we pass that are closer to the entrance!

I've heard there are some people you can't please all of the time but, at least the Westies love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment