Friday, December 30, 2016

Air Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Whew! We made it.

Susan and I dashed off to our local grocery store yesterday and quickly racked up more than $70 worth of groceries, so we could get an extra 20 Air Miles before December 31st.

It was a coupon I had received. 

I was glad to hear earlier this month, the company behind Air Miles had scrapped plans to let accumulated miles expire at the end of this year.

Loyalty One had warned Air Miles collectors their first miles would expire December 31st 2016. There was a huge backlash and a class action lawsuit was filed by an Alberta man.

A lot of people hurriedly cashed-in their Air Miles after hearing that Loyalty One planned to let them expire. Now that Loyalty One has changed its mind, those people must be even more ticked!

I can remember years ago, going into my boss’s office to ask for a raise. I asked if I could have more money. He said no. I asked if I could have more vacation time. He said no. I asked if I could have a parking space in the garage. He said no. I asked if I could have a radio station coat. He said he’d see what he could do. I got the coat.

Stand back! When my claws come out, I am one scary tough negotiator, right?

In 2000, after being told by the same boss that budgets were frozen, I left his office with a pile of Air Miles points. As a result, I’m sentimentally attached to Air Miles.

I believe we got a flight for one person to western Canada out of those Air Miles.

Here we are, on the verge of 2017, still doing that Air Miles thing, hoping to reach some ever-elusive goal.

You got it Puck, what fools we mortals be…


No comments:

Post a Comment